Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/vrmedia2/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
new dll for PERCRO haptic arms?
forums.vrmedia.it
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2017, 07:25:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
1444 Posts in 465 Topics by 370 Members
Latest Member: landiandrea
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  forums.vrmedia.it
|-+  Programming with XVR
| |-+  Haptics (Moderator: sankazim)
| | |-+  new dll for PERCRO haptic arms?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new dll for PERCRO haptic arms?  (Read 7921 times)
vpawar

Email
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:33:18 AM »

In references to an earlier thread regarding collision groups... we found out that the drivers were not compatible with the new engine. Is there a new version of the libraries for the haptic arms available this compatible?

http://vrmedia.it/forums/index.php?topic=483.0

QUOTE:
ruis..
I have removed all the graphics stuff from the new library and I simplify some function call. And actually is not compatible with the old demo.

We would find it extremely useful to be able to use functions such as isCollision etc., with the haptic arms so that we can identify which objects are being collided with quickly without having to create our own collision detection function.
ilmale
Global Moderator

lrosario80
Email
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:32:45 AM »

Argh.. sorry for the extremely late answer, but I follow only the physics forum.

You still can use the isColliding no the physical object... but it's not a good idea.
Ageia function are faster and soon will be hardware accelerated on the graphics card, so don't use isColliding, is very slow. Use the latest version of the library and use the ray cast functionality.

http://vrmedia.it/forums/index.php?topic=117.msg1148#msg1148

~ ~ I tell you, realtime 3D is made of blood, sweat and screams! ~ ~
vpawar

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »

just point out... tried setting up collision reporting with the PERCO haptic arms

came up with this error

SETUPCOLLISIONREPORT: Fatal error in module 'GrabR3.dll'

i am assuming the haptic drivers are not compatible
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: